Pages

Monday, May 4, 2020

What is Project Weserübung?

The invasion of Denmark and Norway by Nazi Germany in 1940 has somewhat been overshadowed by their later invasion of the Low Countries and France.  It has also been rather a backwater from a wargaming point of view.  I can’t recall exactly what originally sparked my interest in this fascinating but lesser known campaign but I was soon hooked.

This blog is intended to capture the development of this particular wargaming project.

Along with my other project blogs - Project MarlboroughProject Mutiny and Project Montrose - this is something of an experiment. At its heart it's somewhere for me to report progress, however slow, on the project but also to capture material I am gathering for scenarios and actually gaming the period. It's not, I hasten to add, a substitute for posts on The Wargame Shed but rather to complement them.

No comments:

Post a Comment